BSA Camp T. L. Storer
Troop 127 camps together every summer during the first week of August at Camp Storer in Barnstead, NH. Scouts spend the week camping, swimming, learning new skills and earning merit badges. Scouts can also attend other weeks at Storer, including Eagle Week and Specialty Weeks. Information about these can be found on the Council website.
The week starts between noon and 1:00 on Sunday. Scouts drop off their packs at the Dan Beard campsite and head to the waterfront for the required swim test. Meals are served in the dining hall, and scouts sleep in the Storer-provided tents. First year scouts participate in the Trailblazer program, which teaches basic camping skills and gets them well on their way to earning the Scout and Tenderfoot ranks. Older scouts typically earn 2 to 4 merit badges during the week, and still have time for relaxing and hanging out. On Saturday there is an awards ceremony to which parents are invited. There scouts and troops are recognized for their achievements during the week.
Camp signup is in March. Troop 127 has a Camp Coordinator who collects camp fees and medical forms and registers scouts together. Registrations for other camp weeks are done individually online. Camperships are available if needed. The Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster attend camp with the scouts. Parents are especially needed to come and camp for a night or two during the week to have fun with your sons and help the leaders provide 2-deep leadership. Most scouts bring their bikes, which are transported to camp on a trailer. Download What to Bring to Camp.
2012 Camp Information
Troop 127 will camp together at Storer during Week 4, Sunday, July 29 through Saturday, August 4, 2012. We will camp again in the Dan Beard campsite. Cost for the week is $365, with a $35 discount if you pay before April 16. There is also a $20 discount for an additional sibling or family member. Additional weeks of camp are available for $199.
There are several special camp weeks offered, some with a higher cost. Descriptions of these programs can be found here.
- Eagle Week, July 8 – 14, $365
- Equestrian Week, July 8 – 14 and July 29 – August 4, $465
- Scuba Week, July 22 – 28, $515
- Treks, July 15 – 21 and July 29 – August 4, $400
- Adventure Climbing, July 15 – 21 and July 29 – August 4, $415
- NYLT, August 5 – 10, $310
- Webelos Week, July 22 – 28, $365
Scouts sign up for merit badge sessions ahead of time. The schedule can be seen here.
Campers must submit a complete medical form ahead of time to camp coordinator Marige Bursaw. The form can be downloaded here.
Directions to Camp Storer
Check out T. L. Storer on Google Maps!
- Take Rte 3N to 93N toward Concord, NH
- Take Exit marked 4 & 202E
- Follow that to end at Epsom Rotary
- Go 3/4 around rotary and take Rte 28N – follow for 11.2 miles
- Take right on Rte 126 (through center of Barnstead – speed strictly enforced!)
- Take right on Bow Lake Road and follow to end
- Take right at the “T” onto Tasker Rd. to its end, 1.4 miles
- At end of Tasker Rd., take left toward Adams field
When arriving at camp you can drop off gear at the Adams field which is further down from the sports field on right. “Loon Links” is just across from the Adams field entrance. Adams field is in back of the Dan Beard site where we are staying. We can carry gear into our site from the road or from Adams field if the chain is down.